Friday, June 24, 2011

Gathering Stuff

Do you know someone who packs for a vacation a month ahead? Something about that doesn't seem right. However I do start the process of throwing garments or items I may need for my trip sometime in the week prior to my departure date, especially if going on a trip longer than, say, 7 days.  If I am lucky, most of the items will land on top of the suitcase. 

This morning I started that process. It's sinking in that in just under a week, I will be on the coast of Ecuador. Goodness there's stuff to do!! Shorts, and tops, and sandals, and a light jacket (hey, it's winter there, haha) oh, and a large roll of $1 bills, a stack of five$ all made it on top of the suitcase. Fine, MOST of it made it on top of the suitcase. 

Wait a sec....a large roll of $1 bills? Why would I take a large wad of singles instead of one crisp $100 bill? Well, most things cost way less than what we are used to here in the US. The place of business probably won't have change - have you ever been to Mexico? Costa Rica? Ok, "change" doesn't exist. We also have a couple rolls of quarters. I hear quarters are always needed and appreciated. Bus fare is a quarter. Even though we are renting a car - hey, we're thrill seekers even at our old age, and we survived driving across Costa Rica, coast to coast, and in San Jose on a Friday night (that was a close call, but let's not dwell). Even so, I want to experience riding a 'chicken bus.' Call me crazy, whatever. I'll post pics. We can ALL have a laugh then. 


So this weekend is packing party time, wine included ;)

Hasta Luego, 
Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment