Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Selling 'Stuff'

This past week has been a whirlwind of activity. Today it has been one week since I resigned from my crazy stressful job. The resignation was immediate, and since then I have put in some serious hard work! Every day my goal is to clean out at least a couple of drawers or a closet, throw away or donate 'stuff' and post items to Craigslist. This is a LOT of work!!

I have started another blog called 'BuyMyStuffSoWeCanMove' ---the link is here:
http://buymystuffsowecanmove.blogspot.com/

Posting items on Craigslist is a pain when you have a lot of things to sell. It was getting old, having to repost and re-write listings, finding the pictures, etc. There are so many new listings every day, and once your listing has been up for a week, it gets lost in the mix. Too many items to look at! So, I thought, why not create a blog, with descriptions and pictures of my items. I will post my blog link on a Craigslist ad, and put up a new 'ad' each week so it stays fresh. Putting up one new ad is easier than reposting dozens upon dozens of pictures!

Once the item sells, I remove the picture from the blog. Each day I will add more items, and I am really hoping each day I remove pictures = cash in my pocket.

Having a garage sale is in the works, but I do not want to put my nice crystal out on the lawn! Not to mention my silk drapes...the birds would have a field day, lol.

And as always, I will be donating a TON of items....already have boxes upon boxes filled to the brim with nice brand-name summer clothing....will be adding more each week to the donate pile!

Hope this helps my fellow wanna-be expats - I always want ideas to help me get rid of 'stuff' - if you have any please comment and share your tips.

Hasta luego, chao chao, and all the good stuff,

Tami

6 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing - I don't envy you at all...it took us a year to sell/give away all of our stuff...remember well all the time spent on Craig's list postings, and we had wknd after wknd of garage sales in the scalding Palm Springs heat....
    Hang in there! The goal is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the sooner I get this crap sold and out of the house, the sooner I can put the house on the market. I was working so many hours and yes I saved up some money for renovations, but didn't have any time to get the house ready! So, with me being 'unemployed' at the moment, I have no money but I sure as hell have time to work around here....ugh....LOL.....And I know it will be well worth it once I am on the beach sipping/gulping adult beverages!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea about the blog. I'll keep that in mind. I also thought about having a "first dibs" party for all my friends. Kinda of like an garage sale, but with friends and alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be here waiting for you with large adult beverages for you and Ken....;-)....Larry and Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is why I adore your taste. This is another great job from you.

    ReplyDelete